BUTTING is fulfilling the increasing requirements of the market by continuously enhancing its processes. In 2001, BUTTING's modified plasma powder process was used for the first time in cladding and welding riser pipes made from roll-bonded API 5L X52/Alloy 825.
With the development of 12 m pipe production in 2009, electro-slag welding was introduced - and thus new cladding process. This welding process puts BUTTING in a position to perform weld cladding on 12 m pipes with an inside diameter of ≥ 174 mm.
At BUTTING we use the following welding processes
- Submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Gas shielded metal arc welding
- Metal-arc active gas welding (MAG)
- Metal-arc inert gas welding (MIG)
- Tungsten gas shielded welding
- Tungsten inert gas welding (TIG)
- Plasma welding (PW)
- Powder plasma welding
- Electron beam welding (EBW)
- Laser beam welding (LBW)
- Electro-slag welding
BUTTING – Progress by Tradition