At the beginning of the nineties we developed the mechanically lined BUTTING-Bimetal-pipe, short: BuBi® pipe.
The BuBi® pipe is a corrosion resistant pipe which is telescopically aligned inside a pipe in carbon-manganese material and the tight mechanical bond between the pipes is achieved in a hydroforming facility.
For many years the BuBi® pipes have been successfully used in very demanding and sensitive onshore and offshore areas of the oil and gas industry. They are used as pipelines, riser pipes and SCR-pipes for highly corrosive media.
Technical details at a glance:
- Size range from OD 114,3 mm (4") up to 660 mm (26")
- Random lengths up to 24 m (up to 12 m without circumferential weld)
- Production acc. to API, ASTM, DNV or ISO
- Suitable for S-Lay, J-Lay method, bundle or reel-lay process
Advantages of mechanically lined pipes:
- Cost savings of up to 40 % compared to solid pipes
- High corrosion resistance at the inside and high pressure resistance at the outside
- Project-specific material combinations
BUTTING – Progress by Tradition