Metallurgically clad pipes
Already since the mid eighties we have been producing pipes from metallurgically clad plates for renowned customers all over the world. The tight bond between the metal layers of these pipes is achieved by a diffusion bridge.
Depending on their intended application and technical requirements metallurgically clad pipes are used, for example, as SCR pipes, riser pipes, process or line pipes.
Technical details at a glance:
- Sizes range OD 114,3 (4") up to 1 219 mm (48")
- Wall thicknesses up to 70 mm
- Maximum wall thickness / OD ratio 1:10
- Random lengths up to 24 m (6 m and 12 m lengths without circumferential weld)
- Suitable for S-Lay and J-Lay method, bundle or reel-lay process
Advantages of metallurgically clad pipes:
- Reduction of wall thickness
- Advantages in terms of cost already in case of small dimensions versus full-wall pipes
- Reduction of weight
- Wide variety of material combinations possible
BUTTING – Progress by Tradition