Mechanically lined pipes – the GluBi® pipe
BUTTING has developed a glue bonded mechanically lined pipe that can be laid using the reel-lay process, without using inner pressure or increasing the wall thickness of the corrosion-resistant liner: the GluBi® pipe!
The principle behind the pipe is very innovative: The basis is a mechanically lined BuBi® pipe, which is provided with an additional special adhesive between the carbon-manganese steel and the corrosion-resistant liner.
Technical details at a glance:
- Outer diameters from OD 168.3 mm (6") to OD 457.2 mm (18")
- Manufactured in 12-metre lengths
- Produced in accordance with API and DNV
- Suitable for all laying methods, economical for reeling and j-lay processes
Benefits of glued mechanically lined pipes:
- A wide range of materials and combination options
- Realisation of very tight tolerance requirements
- Wide range of dimensions from 6" to 18"
- Can be laid using reel-lay process, without internal water pressure or increased liner thickness
- Reduced laying costs and potential to save material costs
BUTTING – Progress by Tradition